|The R400 series of indicators are designed with both the installer and operator in mind and cover a wide range of applications. They are engineered and built to last with reliability being foremost. The modular design allows for the installation to be commissioned with only the components required, saving on time and money.
Flexibility is the key with its award winning modular accessory design. Modules include: additional serial options, input/outputs, analogue outputs, external buttons, Ethernet, Alibi (Data Storage Device) and battery or AC option.
|Superior housings - Three housing types are available:
- R420 (ABS) rated to IP65
- R423 (stainless steel panel mount) rated to IP66
- R427 (stainless steel full housing) rated to IP66
|All housings are designed with extra attention to detail to increase their reliability in the field, thereby reducing unplanned downtime and servicing costs. For example, the R423 uses a high impact polycarbonate lens to protect the LCD from knocks.
|use the menu system directly via the alpha numeric keypad or the configuration utility View400 on a PC.
|large multi-segment display that uses logical prompts along with dedicated and programmable function keys. Printing can be tailored with custom record, docket or reports printouts. Primary display is 29mm (1.1") and secondary display 18mm.
|Rugged Load Cell Input
|Designed to take 16x320 ohm load cells; providing flexibility and reducing the need for summing hardware, simplifying the installation and saving money. The load cell input is protected with onboard transorbs to limit damage from external voltage surges.
|Support for Ethernet to improve integration into larger control systems
|The R400 Series flexibility is provided through its broad range of modules that are easy to configure and neatly connect into the rear of the indicator. There are 4 module slots where an indicator can be equipped with only the features required for a given installation.
|Robust Input/Output Modules (M4301, M4311, M4321, M4331)
|An R400 indicator can be equipped with up to 32 I/O. These I/O are electrically isolated, designed for direct connection into PLC's and are capable of driving low voltage actuators directly.
- Isolated high side (400mA current source) drivers are capable of driving low voltage actuators directly or can be connected directly with PLC controllers.
- Each module has 8 digital I/O ports which are limited to maximum input voltage of 30V and can drive up to 400mA.
- Direct connection between I/O points is supported
- Inputs are isolated to resist against system noise.
|Button Module (M4302)
|The Button Module provides 4 voltage free inputs for use with switches or thumbwheels. The voltage free inputs eliminate the need to wire up complicate input driver circuits.
|Isolated Communication Modules
|Communication modules are in addition the built in RS232/RS485 ports on the R400 indicators.
- Fully isolated and recommended for application where there is a risk of lightening or surges or where additional communication ports are required.
- M4201 RS232/RS232, M4202 RS232/RS485, M4203 RS485/RS485
|Precise Robust Analogue Output Module (M4401)
|The analogue module provides a 4-20mA or 0-10V analogue output and two digital I/O.
- Isolated so as to resist against system noise and interference therefore reducing unnecessary callouts;
- Precise with a 400Hz (2.5msec) update rate and 1/65,000 resolution. The fast update and high D to A conversion rate give a smooth output curve which helps a PLC to see more realistic readings (2.5msec step)
- Scalable to suit the input on the PLC.
- Two digital I/O provided the same as the M4301
|Data Storage Device Module (M4501)
|The Data Storage Module provides non volatile alibi memory storage (6M bytes) according to WELMEC 7.2 L. Compatible with later versions of software.
|The Ethernet Module provides 10/100 Base TX with auto negotiation (1 Raw bi-directional port and 10 Raw transmit only ports).
|Converter 0-10V/4-20mA Input (M4902)
|Connects to the Load Cell Input on R400 series indicators for a voltage or current input. Useful where an indicator needs to take an input from load pins on a crane scale for example. Suitable for pressure, displacement or strain transducers that output 4-20mA or 0-10V analogue signals.
|The magnetically coupled opto-link on the front panel provides a convenient temporary connection to a laptop - no need to access rear of the indicator.
- Transfer of setup and calibration information
- Download of software upgrades
|The relay module, used in conjunction with an I/O module, provides 8 voltage free relay outputs rated to 250VAC and 8A.
- DIN rail mountable.
- Provides N/O (normally open) and N/C (normally closed) contacts for each output.